Verbum tuum veritas - Thy Word is Truth
Monkton School, just a mile from the World Heritage City of Bath, is an independent, co-educational boarding and day school for pupils aged 2-18. We pride ourselves on our lively Christian ethos, excellent exam results and our strong pastoral care. At Monkton, we are setting standards for life; giving young people the qualities of character they need to become trusted employees, inspiring leaders, valued friends and loving parents.
Monkton inspires young people to become confident, kind and ambitious adults who live fulfilling lives
Monkton thinks differently. We start with a proactive pastoral environment to develop academically strong enthusiastic learners within a living Christian ethos.
Confidence, Integrity, Humility, Service
• To provide opportunities for all pupils to increase their self belief in areas they previously perceived to be weaknesses
• To create an environment of tolerance and a clear understanding of the importance to love our neighbour as ourselves by helping students develop respect for others so that they can form tolerant and caring relationships and be sympathetic to the needs of other people;
• To raise the aspirations of each individual within our school community so everyone strives for personal excellence in everything they do
• To monitor the personal journey of every pupil and ensure that development of self knowledge sits at the centre of all pupils learning and achievements
• To help students build on their strengths and overcome their weaknesses learning from them;
• To provide outstanding learning and teaching which enables all students, regardless of gender, race, background or ability, to excel;
• To develop a culture of coaching that promotes continuous improvement and the highest standards of achievement for staff and pupils alike
• To use the skills, knowledge, experience and talents of all staff to personalise the learning for each student and ensure as great a breadth of experience as possible;
• To continue to emphasise the importance of the Christian faith and to convey consistently the relevance of God’s message in a changing world, whilst embracing students of all faiths and none, extending the School’s Christian principles beyond acts of worship so that they underpin the whole fabric of the community and its activities.
• To offer a fully integrated education throughout the 2-18 age range ensuring each phase builds on the last
• To develop an innovative approach to the use of technology in learning enhancing our focus on the individual
Independent Schools Inspectorate Reports
Please follow the link for latest ISI inspection reports for Monkton Combe School: http://www.isi.net/schools/6702/
This website opens with a video running. Here you can view the whole video in HD quality.
Featured Video - The Monkton Movie
To arrange a visit, or for any other enquiries regarding admissions and entry requirements, please contact our Registrar, Mrs Issy Hartnell.
For General Enquiries please call 01225 721 133 (Prep & Senior School), or 01225 833 158 (Pre-Prep)
Give us a call:
Tel: +44 (0)1225 721 133
Or send us an email:
Alternatively, to request a prospectus, please use our online form:Click here »
Key Information 2016-2017