Snow Update Report - 11th December 2017
Monday, 11 December 2017
The forecast for tonight (10th December 2017) is for freezing conditions and some overnight snow. All parts of the school will currently plan to open tomorrow and operate as normally as possible. If you are at all worried about getting your children into school please do keep them at home and communicate with the relevant school office(s). At present we expect buses to run as normal but if there is any change to that we will let relevant parents know in the morning.
The gritting trucks have already been out and around Monkton Combe and across Combe down this evening but clearly Brassknocker Hill and Shaft Road will likely be quite slippery so do take care. We have begun gritting the various school sites and further gritting will continue from 6am tomorrow morning. If the snow is bad in the morning, please do encourage your children to wear more robust footwear than normal uniform requires, akin to snow tyres!
At present we will plan to close all parts of the school early tomorrow at 3pm to allow staff and pupils to get home before dark. We will confirm this by e-mail at lunchtime tomorrow as the situation unfolds. If you are unable to collect your children at 3pm please do let the relevant school know and we will do all we can to ensure they are cared for.